Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jesus the life- giver

"The thief comes to steal kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." John 10:10. The definition of steal; is to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, especially secretly or by force. In my life I was corrected and that correction stung like a bee. It was horrible to think I was doing wrong by God. It tore me up inside and bleed onto the outside. I got on the floor and cried my eyes out and was making progress. I repented and was reading the bible... etc. "The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother." The correction was suppose to correct me and help me, but instead I let satan use it to his advantage. Instead of letting the correction push me closer to God I did the opposite. Proverbs 29:15 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16 I don't know when it happened, but I found myself in a rut. "The definition of kill;to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay. 2. to destroy; do away with; extinguish: to destroy or neutralize the active qualities of:" I slowly stopped doing God's will, became bitter, angry,and resentful. "The definition of destroy;  to reduce (an object) to useless fragments, a useless form, or remains, as by rending, burning, or dissolving; injure beyond repair or renewal; demolish; ruin; annihilate. 2. to put an end to; extinguish. 3. to kill; slay. 4. to render ineffective or useless; nullify; neutralize; invalidate. 5. to defeat completely." I was a walking zombie. Wrapped up in my mess and didn't care about anybody else's, always feeling sorry for myself. But NO, not anymore I refuse to let satan win. I serve a good God who has a good heart. Now let's talk about the end of that verse, " I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." Jesus came and made me alive, He has brought me back to life. He cares for you and I, and He doesn't stop where we stop. No God keeps going and finishes the work He started. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6. His mercies are new everyday and His love never fails. "This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing." Romans 4:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment